When you think of Flag Day, do you think of barbecues, drinks and American Flag decorations?
Most Americans celebrate Flag Day each year on June 14 by putting up red, white and blue decorations and flying the flag at their businesses and homes, but many people may not know the proper way to honor the stars and stripes.
Here are some things to keep in mind as Americans observe Flag Day, according to United States Code Title 4.
1. The flag should not worn as apparel.
2. Stand at attention and face the flag during hoisting and lowering.
3. Worn out flags should be destroyed in a dignified manner.
4. When displayed in a group, the American flag should be at the center and the highest point.
5. The flag should be flown from sunrise to sunset, or illuminated during darkness.
Subscribe to Rewind 100.7's blog!
Get the updates on the Classic Hits, concerts, and contests straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.